Thursday, March 19, 2009

KICK ASS YOGA!!!

I had a string of beautiful experiences today, one flowing effortlessly into the other. As the sun went down I found myself in a yoga class in Park Slope, Brooklyn - led by Julie Brandwein. in the traditional Iyengar**method. This was my first experience with this style of yoga, and also my first formal class in years, but it will certainly not be the last. In fact I plan to sign up for her beginners series starting this weekend.

Julie is an exceptional teacher, she's very clear in her explanations of each pose- which for me is important as I tend to close my eyes as I practice. She got me twistin' stuff I didn't know could twist and boy is my body happy It feels really young (like maybe 12...no--kidding) and light.

I have two words for this class -- KICK ASS!!! 

If you're ready to welcome a new healthier body then Yogasana Center for Yoga is the place to go to sign up for Julie's class. Your body will love you for it.


**Iyengar teachings are characterized by an approach to over 200 postures and 14 breathing exercises. This methodology allows beginners to progress steadily and safely from basic to advanced as they gain more flexibility, strength and sensitivity. ----Yogasana Center brochure.





No comments: