Saturday, January 31, 2009

IN MY BEST INTEREST

This morning was particularly challenging for me emotionally. So rather than going on with what I had originally planned for the beginning of my day. I quickly rolled up my yoga mat and decided against even starting my work out. A few minutes later while looking in the bathroom mirror I thought about how I would storm out, still in a huff, after my shower and smoke a cigarette on the fire escape. -A nasty habit I had reinstated about 2 weeks ago after losing a very dear brother to a massive heart attack- Suddenly, I realized that none of this was what I really wanted to do. I actually wanted to work out, feel great, clear my mind, do my laundry and start my day.

Isn't it interesting how as soon as the going gets tough all we want to do is degenerate our bodies and/or each other? After my shower I put my laundry on and proceeded with my work out. And despite the occasional memory of wanting to light up - I did... not. 

I have a picture which gets clearer each day of the kind of body, mind and spirit I'd like to cultivate for myself this year and the steps that must be taken to achieve it. Those types of thoughts and actions were simply not conducive to it. So, I allowed thoughts to come visit me during the day but did not invite all of them to participate in my life. Instead I opted for doing what would take me one day closer to my goal. It felt good. 

So... I'll take it one day at a time.








No comments: